It reveals that Civil Justice was in the hands of District Judge,
Sub-Ordinate Judge and Four Munsifs at Sadar and two Munsifs at each of the two
the then Sub-Divisional Head Quarters of Siwan and Gopalganj.
Criminal Justice was administered by the
District & Sessions Judge, The District Magistrate and various deputy and sub
Deputy magistrates at the head quarters and Sub Divisional Towns of Siwan and
With the passage of time the Judgeship
of Siwan was carved out from the Judgeship in or about in the year 1975-76 along
with Sub-Division of Gopalganj. Mr.R.H.Anderson was the Ist District & Sessions
Judge of the Judgeship. His tenure was from 07-
According to the available information and
figure the Judgeship of saran at Chapra came into existence in or around 1899.
Before that it was part of Muzaffarpur Judgeship 11-1899 to 05-03-1902 And Sri
Mangal Pandey was the Ist District Magistrate Cum Collector of District Saran.